DR KEVIN YIP MAN HING
(UK), FRCS(EDIN), FAM(SING), FHKCOS(ORTHO)
Specialist Orthopedic Surgeon
Special Interest in Knee and Shoulder Pain, Injuries, Fracture, Common Orthopaedic Problems, Arthroscopy Surgery for Adult & Children
Dr. Kevin Yip obtained his medical degree from St. Thomas’ Hospital London, England. He completed his post-graduate training in London, obtained his Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1990, and worked in several hospital units in England before moving to Hong Kong. He became an Associate Professor at the Chinese University of Hong Kong Prince of Wales Hospital and participated in extensive research in various fields especially the knee and shoulder. After leaving Hong Kong in 1998, he joined Gleneagles Hospital as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon. Apart from general orthopaedics, his main areas of interest are knee and shoulder surgery.
Dr Kevin Yip is a senior orthopaedic surgeon and a professor who specialises in orthopaedic trauma surgery. He has published close to 100 research articles and is a world renowned specialist. He has worked in the prestigious Raffles Hospital and now has his own clinic at the Parkway Health Gleneagles Medical Center.
- Fellow Of The Hong Kong College Of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Founding Fellow Of The Hong Kong Academy Of Medicine (02163)
- Fellow Of The Hong Kong Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow Of The Royal College Of Surgeons Of Edinburgh
- Founding Member Of Asian Association For Dynamic Osteosynthesis
- Honorary Faculty Member of the Interdisciplinary Centre For Musculoskeletal Bioengineering and Rehabilitation Technology
- Member Of Hong Kong Society For Surgery Of The Hand
- General Medical Council (3118719)
- Hong Kong Medical Council (8526)
- The Medical Protection Society (HK5182)
- Hong Kong Public Doctors Association
- University Medical Doctors Association
- Prince Of Wales Hospital Doctors Association
- Hong Kong Medical Association
- Shatin International Union Hospital (Admission Right No C025)
- Admission Right to most private Hospitals in Singapore
Dr Ambrose Yung Wai Yin
MBBS (HK), MRCS (Edin), MMED (Ortho), FRCS (Ortho)
Special interest in Sports Medicines, Osteoarthritis, Fracture, Partial & Total Joint Replacement, Minimal Invasive Trauma Surgery, Arthroscopy, Common Orthopaedic Problems for Adult & Children
Dr Ambrose Yung is a specialist orthopaedic consultant with experience in hip fracture surgery, partial knee replacement, complex primary total knee replacement, revision knee replacement, minimal invasive knee and shoulder sports surgery, foot and ankle pain, elbow pain / bursitis, fractures, wrist /hand pain, common orthopaedic problems for Adult and Children.
After his orthopaedic specialist qualification, he was awarded 1-year fellowship in world renowned Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford University Hospital and Hip & Knee Division, Southampton University Hospital. During his fellowship, he was well trained in minimal invasive partial knee replacement and complex total knee replacement, computer navigational partial and total knee replacement.
Dr Yung was awarded Minister for Health Award, Singapore for his contribution to medical relief in Indonesian Earthquake, 2006. After his voluntary medical work in SARS 2003, he was awarded Certificate of Honor, Hospital Authority of Hong Kong for his contribution in fighting against SARS.
He is Senior Clinical Lecturer in Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, and Clinical Physician Faculty, Singhealth Residency.
Dr Mathew Tung
MBBS (Singapore), FRCS (Surgical Neurology UK), FAMS
Special interest in treating Back Pain, Neck Pain, Nerve Disorder, Headache, Brain, Tumour, Osteoporosis, Stroke, Sweaty Palm
Dr Mathew Tung Yu Yee trained as a neurosurgeon in Singapore and England. During his training he worked in Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Queen’s Medical Centre Nottingham, National Hospitals for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London and Singapore General Hospital (SGH).
He completed his training in 1996. He returned to Penang and was consultant neurosurgeon in Lam Wah Ee and Gleneagles hospitals between the years 2000 and 2012. He returned to Singapore in 2012 when he was appointed consultant neurosurgeon to the Pacific Healthcare Group. He is married with two children.
He specialises in the treatment of disorders of the brain and spine and believes that neurosurgery should be safer by always considering the non-invasive options before open surgery. The aim is to achieve minimum morbidity and a quick return to optimum function.
In spinal disorders, he aims for motion preservation, reversible treatments that can be repeated in preference to fusion. In the last 15 years he has performed the following operations regularly:
- Non-invasive techniques like stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS), stereotactic radiotherapy (SRT) for brain tumours
- Minimally invasive techniques using modern endoscope-assisted techniques to access the pituitary adenoma, treat hydrocephalus and ventricular tumours.
- Latest computer aided image guidance systems to navigate the delicate structures of the brain to safely perform microscopic brain tumour surgery
- Spinal laminectomy for spinal tumours
- Facet joint injections, cervical and lumbar disc replacements
- Spinal decompression and fusion for highly selected cases
- Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy for sweaty palms
Dr Tung pursues continued medical education enthusiastically and has kept abreast of latest techniques by attending courses and attachments in Europe (SRS, SRT, spinal surgery and disc replacement), America(skull base approaches to acoustic neuroma) and more recently in China (endovascular techniques for vascular disorders). He will listen to you and answer all your questions clearly.
To schedule for an appointment, please call us at +65 64712744 / Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org