Are you looking for permanent cure of your ingrown toenail? This procedure is minimally invasive day-procedure and can use medisave and private medishield insurance. Call 66532625 or WhatsApp 92357641 for an appointment.
Ingrown toenail is when your toenails grow into the skin or penetrate the surrounding skin. The skin can become damaged, causing infection and pain. Ingrown toenail generally occurs on the big toe.
A common cause of ingrown toenail is not to cut the nail properly. Ingrown toenail can also be decreased in families with toenails not growing straight. Using narrow shoes can also cause ingrown toenail.
Ingrown toenail surgery is aim to remove the infection and pain from the nail. Ingrown toenail surgery is recommended to aim for permanent cure ingrown toenail by removing the root of nail. Nail removal ingrown toenail is known as partial wedge resection of ingrown toenail.
Before Ingrown toenail operation:
What is the preparation before ingrown toenail operation?
- Generally there is not much preparation before the surgery. It is done under local anaesthesia (no fasting is required)
- Recommended to wear open toe foot wear during the surgery; otherwise we can provide with the orthoshoe
- Discuss with your doctor about any medications you are taking, allergies, or other health conditions before undergoing surgery
During Ingrown toenail operation
How is ingrown toenail operation performed?
- The ingrown toenail surgery is usually performed under local anesthesia. The surgery usually lasts about 30-45 minutes and may include nail avulsion, wedge excision, nail-bed ablation and the removal of part or all of the toenail and apply a chemical or electric current to the area where the nail foot growth, and removal of all toenails and cut off the area of tissue where the toe grows.
After Ingrown toenail operation
What do you expect after ingrown toenail operation?
- Patient is allowed to go home shortly after the operation and review again in 3 days after the ingrown toenail surgery for wound review. There will be stitches on the nail and removal of stitches is done 2 weeks after the ingrown toenail surgery. Patient needs to ensure the wound clean and dry to prevent any infections. We will advise accordingly during the consultations.
How do you take care of ingrown toenail operation wound?
- Rest your feet for a few days until the swelling is reduced. Avoid exercising for 2 weeks. Keep the operated foot clean and dry. Try to cut the nails straight and avoid sharp nail tips. Use shoes that fit your foot shape.
Complication Ingrown toenail operation
As with any other procedure, there are several possible risks. Ask our surgeon to explain the risks to you. Possible complications in general procedures may include reactions to anesthesia, bleeding, or clotting of the blood. In addition, it can also occur: infection in the area of operation infection of the bone under the area of operation. You can minimize the risk of complications by following the doctor instructions.
Can i use my medisave and insurance for ingrown toenail surgery?
Ingrown toenail surgery can be done under day-surgery and usually it is covered under private medishield insurance and medisave. Our clinic do provide e-filing facility. For more information, please call 66532625 / or whatsApp 92357641.