Singapore Spine Specialist Centre
Back pain and Neck pain are very common conditions now a days. It affects many young and older people in society. We can prevent to have the episode of back pain or neck pain if we know the causes and how we can take care our spine. Get a professional opinion about your spine problem today. Call us +65 64712744 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule for an appointment.
Some common Back conditions include:
- Slipped Disc / Herniated Disc – Slipped Disc or also knowned as Prolapsed intervertebral disc is the sudden or slowly progressing movement of one intervertebral disc backwards into the spinal channel.
- Spondylolisthesis – is a condition of the spine whereby one of the vertebra slips forward or backward compared to the next vertebra.
- Sciatica – Sciatica is pain resulting from irritation of the sciatic nerve. The pain of sciatica is naturally felt from the low back to behind the thigh and radiating down to below the knee.
- Scoliosis – Scoliosis is a medical condition in which a person’s spine is curved from side to side, shaped like an “s” or “c”, and the spine may also be rotated.
- Tail bone pain (Coccydynia) – Coccydynia is the inflammation of the tip of the tailbone and the pain is often worse on sitting.
- Low Back Pain – Low back pain is one of the main reasons Singaporean visit their doctor.
Common Neck conditions include:
- Neck Pain – Pain located in the neck usually at the back or sides.
- Cervical Spondylosis – Cervical spine is made up of bones (vertebraes) with cushions (discs) between them. As we grow older, the bones and the discs will degenerate.
- Whiplash Injury – Whiplash injury occurs when there is a sudden jolt to the head and neck for example in a car accident, which causes either a forward, backward, or sideways movement of the head that is beyond the normal range of motion.
- Cervical Radiculopathy – A nerve root injury is sometimes referred to as a “pinched” nerve. The medical term for this condition is cervical radiculopathy.
Most of spinal problems can be treated conservatively without surgical intervention.
Read more about Back Pain
Read more about Headache and Neck Pain
Read more about Swimming and Lower Back Pain
Make Appointment or Enquiry:
Call: (65) 64712744 / Whatsapp or SMS: (65) 92357641 / Email: email@example.com – 24 Hours Hotline
Dr Kevin Yip in Channel News Asia